Professional, open-source, NoSql (embedded Key / Value storage), transactional, ACID-compliant, multi-threaded, object database management system for
.NET 3.5> XAMARIN MONO . Written in C# .
- It's a free software for those, who think that it should be free.
- Since June 2012 is used in our own production environment.
- Follow the project, to be in touch with the recent optimizations and enhancements.
Changes in versions document.
- DBreeze via NuGet since Januar 2014
- Works on phones, tablets, desktops, servers and clouds under Linux, Windows, OS X. Via
Xamarin on Android, iOS. Check downloads region.
- DBreeze is listed in nosql-database.org
- DBreezeBased -
Document database and a Text Search Engine based on DBreeze database.
DBreeze homepages are http://dbreeze.tiesky.com ||
- Fully managed code, platform independent and without reference to other libraries.
- ACID compliant.
- Multi-threaded, with a solution for deadlocks resolving/elimination, parallel reads and synchronized writes/reads.
- No fixed scheme for table names (construction and access on the fly).
- Tables can reside in mixed locations: different folders, hard drives, memory.
- Liana-Trie indexing technology. Database indexes (keys) never need to be defragmented. Speed of insert/update/remove operations doesn't grow up during the time.
- Ability to access Key/Value pair of a table by physical link, what can economize time for joining necessary data structures.
- No limits for database size (except "long" size for each table and physical resources constraints).
- Low memory and physical space consumption, also while random inserts and updates. Updates reside the same physical space, if possible.
- High performance of CRUD operations. When you need, unleash DBreeze power and get 500000 key/value pairs insert or 260K updates per second per core into sorted table on the hard drive of standard PC.
- High speed of random keys batch insert and updates (batch must be sorted in memory ascending and non-overwrite flag must be set).
- Range selects / Traversing (Forward, Backward, From/To, Skip, StartsWith etc). Remove keys, change keys.
- Keys and values, on the low level, are always byte arrays.
- Max. key size is 65KB, max. value size is 2GB. Value can be represented as a set of columns, where can be stored data types of fixed or dynamic length. Every dynamic datablock can be of size 2GB.
- Rich set of conversion functions from/to between byte and other data types.
- Nested / Fractal tables which can reside inside of master tables values.
- Incremental backup/restore option.
- DBreeze is a foundation for complex data storage solutions (graph/neuro, object, document, text search etc. data layers). Please, study documentation to understand all abilities of DBreeze.