when disk is out of space

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM
what will dbreeze do when the disk of the storage is out of space?

any way to config it to use other disks without change, compile and deploy the code?
Feb 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
unruledboy wrote:
what will dbreeze do when the disk of the storage is out of space?
DBreeze NotOperable exception will be thrown (the same if disk is corrupted)... after fixing space problem, DBreeze can continue its work.

unruledboy wrote:
any way to config it to use other disks without change, compile and deploy the code?
There is a way to setup for every table (or table family) its own storage - read docu.
Feb 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM
You mean "Alternative tables storage locations"? I already read. It could define location for each table / pattern. My concern is what is even separate location for a certain table is also out of space.

btw, did you read my perf concern in the previous thread?
Feb 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
unruledboy wrote:
You mean "Alternative tables storage locations"? I already read. It could define location for each table / pattern. My concern is what is even separate location for a certain table is also out of space.
No extra solution except DBreeze NotOperable exception.
Feb 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM
So there is a likely two-steps solution:
  1. rather than hardcoding the mapping, put it in config file, so no need for code change / re-deployment
  2. another monitoring layer to track space growth and promot for new location etc, but it requries data (files) migration.
Feb 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I don't think that DBreeze needs it.
It's all about administration and monitoring - not a problem of DBreeze.
Locating one table on 2 or more hard drives can tell about incorrect data storage architecture.
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM
it large amount of data business, it's common to partition one table into multiple files (poissibly separate disks), although we can keep adding RAID disk to form a virtual disk, but spanning is always a reality.
Feb 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
unruledboy wrote:
it large amount of data business, it's common to partition one table into multiple files (poissibly separate disks), although we can keep adding RAID disk to form a virtual disk, but spanning is always a reality.
For this purposes Virtual File Systems exist (VFS)